Teddy the Rough Rider (1940)
Teddy the Rough Rider (1940) Movie
Teddy the Rough Rider
Download Teddy the Rough Rider Full Movie
6.0/10 (69 Votes)
(USA) - 24 February 1940
(USA) - 21 February 1948
All Release Dates
(USA) - 21 February 1948
All Release Dates
1890s, 1900s, 1910s, adirondack-mountains, character-name-in-title, governor, interview, labor-strike, loss-of-son, mckinley-assassination, new-york, new-york-city, oath, populism, propaganda, san-juan-hill, spanish-american-war, u.s.-president, voice-over-narration
Pictures of Teddy the Rough Rider
Teddy the Rough Rider Pictures
Videos of Teddy the Rough Rider
Free Watch Online and Download Teddy the Rough Rider Videos
Cast of Teddy the Rough Rider
- Blackmer, Sidney (I) as [Theodore Roosevelt] <1>
- Carr, Nat as (uncredited) [Reporter]
- Chandler, Eddy as (uncredited) [Miners' Labor Leader]
- Clement, Clay (I) as [Avery D. Andrews] <5>
- Deering, John (II) as (uncredited) [Secretary]
- Dilson, John as (uncredited) [Lyman Gage]
- Dwire, Earl as (uncredited) [Caretaker Messenger in Adirondacks]
- Fenner, Walter as (uncredited) [1st Slum Lord]
- Glassmire, Gus as (uncredited) [3rd Slum Lord]
- Harvey, Michael (I) as (uncredited) [Reporter]
- Jackson, Selmer as [John W. Riggs, Cabinet Member] <9>
- Kenney, Jack (I) as (uncredited) [Saloon Owner]
- Kipling, Richard (I) as (uncredited) [Second Financier]
- Loft, Arthur as [Big Jim Rafferty] <4>
- Maxey, Paul as (uncredited) [2nd Slum Lord]
- Mayo, Frank (I) as (uncredited) [Cabinet Member]
- McWade, Edward as [Russell Alger, Secretary of War] <10>
- Mower, Jack as (uncredited) [Secretary]
- Nowell, Wedgwood as (uncredited) [Mine Owner]
- Ridgely, John (I) as (uncredited) [Reporter]
- Strange, Glenn (I) as [Jim Rawlins] <8>
- Van Sloan, Edward as (uncredited) [Elihu Root, Secretary of State]
- von Eltz, Theodore as [William Loeb] <3>
- Wallace, Morgan as (uncredited) [First Financier]
- Warwick, Robert (I) as [Capt. Leonard Wood] <7>
- Watkin, Pierre as [Sen. Platt] <2>
- Wilcox, Frank as (uncredited) [Roosevelt's Secretary]
- Wood, Douglas (I) as [President William McKinley] <6>
Plot of Teddy the Rough RiderThis short follows the political career of 'Theodore Roosevelt' (qv), beginning in 1895, when he was appointed police commissioner of New York City. In 1897 he was appointed Assistant Secretary of Full Plot >>
Business of Teddy the Rough RiderCP: The Vitaphone Corporation
Certificate of Teddy the Rough RiderApproved (USA)
Composers of music of Teddy the Rough Rider
- Jackson, Howard (I) (uncredited)
Cinematographers of Teddy the Rough Rider
Distributors of Teddy the Rough RiderWarner Bros. Pictures [us] - (1940) (USA) (theatrical)
Warner Home Video [us] - (2006) (USA) (DVD)
Editors of Teddy the Rough Rider
Misc of Teddy the Rough Rider
- Kalmus, Natalie (technicolor color director)
Quotes of Teddy the Rough RiderTheodore Roosevelt: I would rather have this administration fail because it enforced the laws than succeed by violating them.
Theodore Roosevelt: [to representatives of real estate interests] If improving the living conditions of the poor means working against you, I've only just begun.
Theodore Roosevelt: [to President McKinley]... only that nation that's prepared for peace that knows how to fight. Speak softly but carry a big stick!
Theodore Roosevelt: A man always has two reasons for what he does, a good one and the real one.
Theodore Roosevelt: [after being nominated as Vice-President] I feel like a man who's been sentenced to solitary confinement.
Senator Platt: Of course, you'll always consult us on policy.
Theodore Roosevelt: Always!... and then Ill do exactly what I think is right!
Theodore Roosevelt: I shall treat every man on his merits as a man. The doors to the White House will swing open just as easily for the poor as for the rich. The labor unions and the corporations will have a Square Deal, but, most important, the private citizen will have a Square Deal!
Narrator: Theodore Roosevelt: soldier, president, statesman, American. In 1895 Full Quotes >>
Trivia of Teddy the Rough Rider- Vitaphone production reels #9666-9667.
- 'Theodore Roosevelt' (qv)'s unsuccessful return to politics with his 1912 run for the Presidency on the Bullmoose Party ticket is not referred to.
- 'Sidney Blackmer (I)' (qv) played 'Theodore Roosevelt' (qv) in six other films. Full Trivia >>