Zaki, Ahmed (I) Biography
biography of Zaki, Ahmed (I)Ahmed Abdullrahman Zaki
18 November 1949, Zaqazeeq, Egypt
27 March 2005, Cairo, Egypt (lung cancer)
- 'Fouad, Hala' (? - ?) (divorced); 1 child
- Father of 'Haitham Ahmed Zaki' (qv). (b. 1984).
- He is known for portaying prominent characters in Egyptian history like Taha Hussien, Gamal Abdel Nasser and Anwar Sadat.
- His ex-wife Hala Fouad died of cancer in 1991.
- He originally studied mechanical engineering before becoming an actor.
- Egyptian President Mubarak granted Ahmed Zaki the Merit of Arts award for his work in over 50 movies in 2001.
- He was diagnosed with lung cancer in January 2004, after which he was treated at a Paris hospital before he returned to Cairo to continue chemotherapy.
- He broke the color barrier in Egyptian films by being the first Black actor to play leading roles usually reserved for light-skinned actors.
- At Zaki's request, his funeral was filmed, the footage to be used in his final movie, a biography of famous Egyptian singer Abdul Halim Hafez, who died in 1977. The ailing actor insisted on leaving his hospital bed to shoot more scenes. His 21-year-old son Haitham plans to film the remaining scenes, playing Hafez in his youth.
- On parties: I may give the impression of being a loner, but, in fact I love people... It's not the gathering that counts it's who you're with that counts. You may enjoy yourself as much in a small gathering, it's not the quantity of people that counts, it's the company that counts.
- On February 2004, he was diagnosed with lung cancer after undergoing tests in France. French doctors have concluded that his condition is not terminal, and can be easily treated.
- (January 2005) Announced that he is ready to act after recovering from lung cancer.
Pictures of Zaki, Ahmed (I)
Images Search Powered By Google
Videos of Zaki, Ahmed (I)
Zaki, Ahmed (I) Videos
Acting in movies by Zaki, Ahmed
- Halim (2006)
- Ma'ali al wazir (2003)
- Ayam El-Sadat (2001)
- Ard al-Khof (1999)
- Edhak el soura tetlaa helwa (1998)
- Al Batal (1997)
- Abo Dahab (1996)
- Hysteria (1996)
- Nasser 56 (1996)
- Nazwa (1996)
- Al ragol al talet (1994)
- Mr. Karate (1993)
- Sawwaq el hanem (1993)
- Al Basha (1992)
- Did el hokouma (1992)
- Al-raii wa al nesaa (1991)
- Al imbrator (1990)
- El-Baydha Wal Hagar (1990)
- Ahlam Hind we Kamilia (1989)
- El heroob (1988)
- Arba'a Fi Muhimma Rasmiya (1987)
- Zawgat ragol mohim (1987)
- Al-bidaya (1986)
- Shader al-samak (1986)
- "Al ragol allathy fakada dhakeratoh marratein" (1985)
- Al-raqissa wa al-tabal (1984)
- Al-takhshiba (1984)
- Love on the Pyramids Plateau (1984)
- Al-Awwama rakm 70 (1982)
- Maowid ala ashaa (1981)
- Oyun la tanam (1981)
- Taer ala el tariq (1981)
- Chafika et Metwal (1979)
- Al omr lahza (1978)
Produced by Zaki, Ahmed (I)
- Ayam El-Sadat (2001) (producer)