Neveu, Brett Biography
biography of Neveu, BrettBrett Neveu was raised in Iowa. He is an ensemble member of A Red Orchid Theatre, a member of The Playwrights' Union and an alumni member of the Center Theatre Group's Playwrights' Workshop. Brett has been commissioned by The Royal Court Theatre, Manhattan Theatre Club, Steppenwolf Theatre Company, The Goodman Theatre, TimeLine Theatre Company, Writers' Theatre, Strawdog Theatre and has several of his plays published through Broadway Play Publishing, Dramatic Publishing and Nick Hern Publishing. His recent theatre productions include Megacosm with A Red Orchid Theatre, 4 Murders with SkyPilot Theatre and twentyone with The Side Project. Past work includes productions with The Royal Court Theatre, Writers' Theatre, The House Theatre, The Inconvenience, The Goodman Theatre, The Royal Shakespeare Company, TimeLine Theatre Company, A Red Orchid Theatre and American Theatre Company. He is a 2012 Sundance Institute Ucross Fellow and the recipient of the Ofner Prize for New Work, the Emerging Artist Award from The League of Chicago Theatres, an After Dark Award for Outstanding Musical (Old Town with Strawdog Theatre Company) and has developed plays with companies including The New Group, The Goodman Theatre, Steppenwolf Theatre, Victory Gardens and is a resident-alum with Chicago Dramatists. His recent film productions include the shorts Convo with Breakwall Pictures, Exit, Clowny with JonPon Films and the feature The Earl with Intermission Productions. Brett has taught writing at Northwestern University, DePaul University, Second City Training Center and currently lives in Los Angeles.
- Received The Ofner Prize from the Goodman Theatre, 2004, Chicago, Illinois.
- Received the Emerging Artist Award, League of Chicago Theatres, 2005, Chicago, Illinois.
- Has received playwriting commissions from theaters that include The Goodman Theatre (Chicago), The Royal Court (London), Manhattan Theatre Club (New York), Strawdog Theatre Company (Chicago) and The Steppenwolf Theatre (Chicago).
- His play, "the go," at the Terrapin Theatre in Chicago, Illinois was nominated for a 2004 Joseph Jefferson Award Citation for New Work.
- Play: Gas for Less, Goodman Theatre, 2008, Chicago
- Play: American Dead, A Rogue Machine Production at Theatre/Theater, 2008 Los Angeles American Dead, American Theatre Company, 2004, Chicago
- Play: Old Town, Strawdog Theatre Company, 2008, Chicago
- Play: Weapon of Mass Impact, A Red Orchid Theatre, 2007, Chicago
- Play: Eric LaRue, Vs. Theatre Company, 2006, Los Angeles
- (2004) His play, "the go," was performed at the Terrapin Theatre in Chicago, Illinois.
- (2012) Play: Megacosm, A Red Orchid Theatre, Chicago
- (2011) Play: Odradek, The House Theatre, Chicago
- (2009, 2010) Play: Old Glory, Writer's Theatre, Chicago; Victory Theatre, Burbank, CA
Pictures of Neveu, Brett
Images Search Powered By Google
Videos of Neveu, Brett
Neveu, Brett Videos