Desai, Anita Biography
biography of Desai, AnitaAnita Mazumdar
24 June 1937, Mussoorie, India
- 'Desai' (? - present); 4 children
- 'Ashvin Desai' (1958 - present); 4 children
- She was awarded the Italian honor of Alberto Monrovia Literature Prize in 1999 for her services and contributions to literature.
- She was a finalist for the Booker Price in 1980 for "Clear Light of Day," 1984 for "In Custody," and 1999 for "Fasting, Feasting.".
- She was awarded the Neil Gunn Price in 1993 for her services to literature.
- She is the mother of author, Kiran Desai.
- She was awarded the 1978 National Academy of Letters Award and the Winifred Holtby Memorial Price for "Fire on the Mountain".
- She is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature in London.
- She received the Guardian Award for Children's Fiction for the novel, "The Village by the Sea" published in 1982.
- Her father was Indian and her mother was German.
- She is a Member of the American Academy of Arts and Letters.
- She has taught at Girton College and Smith College in England, and at Mount Holyoke College in the United States.
- She earned her Bachelors of Arts Degree from Delhi University in 1957.
- Novel: "The Zigzag Way", 2004.
- She is the author of the following novels: "The Peacock" in 1963, "Voices in the City" in 1965, "Bye-Bye, Blackbird" in 1971, "The Peacock Garden" in 1974, "Where Shall We Go This Summer?" in 1975, "Cat on a Houseboat" in 1976, "Fire on the Mountain" in 1977, "Games at Twilight and Other Stories" in 1978, "Clear Light of Day" in 1980, "Village by the Sea" in 1982," "Baumgartner's Bombay" in 1988, "Journey to Ithaca" in 1996, "Fasting, Feasting" in 1999, "Diamond Dust" in 2000, and "The Zigzag Way: A Novel" in 2004.
- (March 2007) She teaches one semester per year at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Pictures of Desai, Anita
Images Search Powered By Google
Videos of Desai, Anita
Desai, Anita Videos