Burek, Jane Biography
biography of Burek, Jane12 July 1968, Galveston, Texas, USA
Jane Burek was born in Galveston, Texas. One of three daughters, her father was a theoretical physicist and her mother was an elementary school teacher. As a teen growing up in various college towns Burek was convinced that somewhere on earth people living a less conventional life were having far more fun. In college she was the opinion page editor for the school newspaper during the same time that cohort Dave Eggers was a copy editor. Burek earned a B.A. in 19th Century British History and a M.A. in Special Education. A lifelong reporter, Burek has worked for The Chicago Tribune, Realtor magazine and The Register Guard newspaper in Oregon. For a year in Chicago she was the editor-in-chief of the short-lived glossy Image & Sound magazine. After spending $20K and two years making Freaky Circus Guy Burek promised her husband that she would never make another documentary about: the circus, sideshow or a madman ever again. So far she has kept her word.
- 'Ron Burek' (1993 - present); 2 children
- I'm still reaching for that perfect moment. It's elusive.
- (February 2010) Currently a reporter for the Register-Guard newspaper in Eugene, Oregon.
- _Freaky Circus Guy (2005)_ (qv) -> -$40,000
- "Chicago Tribune" (USA), 2003, by: Jane Burek, "freelance writer"
Pictures of Burek, Jane
Images Search Powered By Google
Videos of Burek, Jane
Burek, Jane Videos
Edited by Burek, Jane
Movies Directed by Burek, Jane
Produced by Burek, Jane
- Freaky Circus Guy (2005) (producer)